Saturday, April 5, 2014

Turkey Potato and Kale Soup

Okay so as I was looking for a recipe for kale and potato soup and there are tons but I couldn't find one I liked so this is my recipe. I hope you all enjoy! My family loved it!

4 Slices of Bacon
6-8 cups Chicken Broth
1 1/2 Lbs. Ground Turkey(mine was spicy)
1 Medium Onion Chopped
2 Garlic Cloves Minced
1 Large Bag of Kale
6-8 Russet Potatoes
1 1/2 Cups of Half N Half
Directions:
Cut bacon in small pieces and cook till done in a large stockpot. Remove bacon and drain most of drippings from pan. (Leave a small amount) Cook onion and minced garlic in drippings till tender and fragrant. Add ground turkey and cook till no longer pink. Drain. Wash kale and remove from stems. Tear into bite size pieces. Add kale to turkey and allow to wilt slightly. Meanwhile cut potatoes in half lengthwise. Slice to make a half moon shape. When kale is slightly wilted add chicken both, potatoes and bacon. Bring to a boil. Cook until potatoes are al dente. Remove from heat and add half and half. Season as desired.
*Side note You can put a pinch of red pepper flakes in this to spice it up. I did not because I used spicy turkey. Basically I just seasoned with salt and pepper

Let me know if you try this one! Come back and comment what you think!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment