Saturday, April 12, 2014

Sugar Cookies

Easter is just around the corner. We are busy menu planning for our family get together. There are some things that certain people always make. For example my mom always makes her sweet potato casserole and my sister in law always makes asparagus casserole. So one thing that I always make for almost every holiday is a dessert. Its these sugar cookies. My niece Shea always requests these so I dedicate this recipe to her as she is studying abroad and cannot be with us this Easter....
This recipe is taken from a very old cookbook

Sugar Cookies
1 Cup Butter
2 Cups Sugar
2 Eggs
1/2 Tsp. Salt
1 Tsp. Baking Soda
2 Tsp. Baking Powder
4 3/4 Cups Flour
1 Cup Sour Milk
1 Tbs. Vanilla
Colored sugars 

Cream butter and sugar, add eggs and beat. Add salt, soda, and baking powder and mix well. Add flour and milk a little at a time till all is added. Add vanilla. Drop on greased cookie sheet with tablespoon. Sprinkle with sugar. Bake at 425- 450 for 10 Mins. 

* For the sour milk mix one cup of milk and 1 Tbs of vinegar and let sit for 10 mins then add to recipe

* I usually add more vanilla to this recipe

These cookies are thick and puffy and they are wonderful with coffee! Let me know if you try them and come back and tell me what you think!!

No comments:

Post a Comment